Tuesday, January 27, 2015

One Pan Tuscan Pork Chops

 
I'm sorry I'm just now getting around to posting this recipe! But, as promised here's the recipe! It's so quick and easy, and I love the combination of flavors.  I think my favorite way to serve the pork chops so far was on a bed of brown rice.  I feel like it's a pretty guilt free meal as well! Last time I made this I made it in my dutch oven and followed the steps all the way up until simmering the last few minutes, instead I put the lid on and put on low for an hour or two until we were ready to eat.  It was very tender and cooked to perfection. 

Heat a large, heavy pan on high until warm.  Add oil and heat until shimmery (but NOT burning/smoking) about 20 seconds.  Brown pork chops on each side, about 1 minute each.  Reduce heat to medium-low, add onions.  Stir onions and flip pork chops after 2 minutes on each side.  Add tomatoes, garlic and spices, mix.


Mix spices and tomatoes.

Simmer until tomatoes are soft and sauce has set up- about 5-8 minutes.

Serve on a bed of pasta or brown rice....


One Pan Tuscan Pork Chops
4 pork chops, fat trimmed
1 tbsp oil (olive, coconut, butter)
5 cloves of garlic, diced
1 1/2 cups fresh or 14.5 oz canned tomatoes, diced (include liquid if cutting)*
1 large onion, diced
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp sage
1 tsp basil

Heat a large, heavy pan on high until warm.
Add oil and heat until shimmery (but NOT burning/smoking) about 20 seconds.
Brown pork chops on each side, about 1 minute each.
Reduce heat to medium-low, add onions.
Stir onions and flip pork chops after 2 minutes on each side.
Add tomatoes, garlic and spices, mix.
Simmer until tomatoes are soft and sauce has set up- about 5-8 minutes.
Serve on a bed of pasta, brown rice or zucchini noodles. Optional, garnish with cilantro, parsley or basil. Enjoy!!

*Double the tomatoes if you want more sauce, I prefer my rice or noodles to be drenched.  If you are eating by its self or you prefer a dryer sauce, then follow directions above. Canned diced tomatoes work great!

Update, this can also be made in a dutch oven ahead of time, see my comments up top for details.

Recipe Source: Sweet C's Designs


No comments: