Thursday, February 27, 2014

Guiltless Buffalo Chicken Salad

I shared this a while back on my Instagram and Facebook account (which you can access from the right column here --->), but I'm just now getting around to posting it on here.  I'm so sorry for the wait!  This salad was so good and very healthy.  And, as the title describes, totally guiltless! My friend Kristy shared the recipe w/ me last October, and I finally got around to making it.  Definitely wouldn't regret making it if you're a salad lover, especially if you like a little kick (ya know from the hot sauce). Go ahead, try it, let me know what ya think.  What's your favorite salad?

Doesn't it look beautiful! I love a good loaded salad! YUM!



Guiltless Buffalo Chicken Salad

3 boneless chicken breasts (I used tenderloins)
1 bottle Frank's Buffalo/Hot Sauce (
about 1/2-3/4 c)
2 heads romaine lettuce (or any lettuce combination) 
3 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and sliced
2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
1/2 c corn
1/4 c celery, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
2 c shredded cheese
1 c croutons
Blue cheese or ranch dressing
Crumbled blue cheese or Feta Cheese (to garnish)

Heat oven to 375-degrees. Cover chicken in Frank’s sauce and place on a greased pan. Place in oven and bake about 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Chicken can also be grilled on the grill if you prefer. Cut chicken into slices and place in a large bowl. Stir in more Buffalo sauce until chicken is well coated. Shred lettuce and place on plate. Add cubed chicken, egg, avocado, corn, celery, tomatoes and cheese, croutons and top with ranch or blue cheese dressing. Garnish with cheese crumbles (optional).  Enjoy!

*I used Ranch and Feta cheese, as much as I try, I really do not like Blue Cheese. 
**Also, this makes for a lot of salad.  I had enough for another salad for lunch and a pita sandwich another day using the remaining leftovers.



From the Kitchen of Kristy Knowlton 

No comments: