Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Personal Sized Baked Oatmeal with Individual Toppings

I have been wanting to make these for a while now, ever since I found the recipe on Pinterest.  I gotta tell ya, I love Pinterest for quick recipe idea.  And, I'll make ya a deal, I'll try out the recipes I find and then post them on here! How's that? ;) Anyways, I thought this would be a great breakfast to pull out every morning, since it makes so many individual oatmeals. AND, there's tons of great, healthy ingredients in these, there's no way you can feel guilty eating them.  My boys ONLY wanted to try the chocolate chips, but my one year old loved each one I gave him.  My personal favorite were the peaches...yum!



After filling each individual cup w/ oatmeal then top off w/ individual toppings, perfect for everyone in your family.  I chose to do, peaches, mixed berries, blueberries and chocolate chips.  Stir in the fruit.

Love how the fruit just oozes out of the oatmeal.

Notes:
  • Use a half cup to one cup of honey in place of stevia if you don’t have any.
  • The batter will look RUNNY, don’t worry!
  • Freeze them in an airtight container or Ziploc bag after they have cooled. Thaw overnight in refrigerator for morning you want them.
  • Reheat 45-60 seconds.
  • Spray the cupcake liners with nonstick cooking spray.
  • Adding cream or milk over the top after warmed is very yummy!
  • I used a cookie scoop to fill each muffin and I topped off some of the oatmeals that looked smaller.

Personal Sized Baked Oatmeal with Individual Toppings

  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
  • 1 banana, mashed
  • 6 packets of Sweetleaf Stevia or 1½ teaspoons stevia powder or use ½ cup honey
  • 5 cups, Old Fashioned rolled oats
  • ¼ cup flaxseed meal* (found in the organic, wholefoods refrigerated section)
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2¾ cups milk (I used 1%)
  • Optional toppings: raisins, walnuts, chocolate chips, frozen or fresh fruits
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and Stevia (or honey) together in a bowl.
  3. Add in oats, flax, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix well with wet ingredients.
  4. Finally pour in milk and combine.
  5. Spray a two 12 capacity muffin tin with cooking spray or use cupcake liners and spray. Pour mixture evenly into muffin tin cups.
  6. If using toppings add them onto the tops of muffins now. If using fresh or frozen fruit, drop it right into the batter.
  7. Bake 30 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
  8. Cool and enjoy or freeze them in gallon freezer bags. Enjoy!


Recipe Source: Sugar-Free Mom

No comments: